The Wellbe innovation team is seeking an experienced front-end developer who combines a demonstrated ability to produce responsive web application interfaces and native mobile apps. If you thrive in a creative and collaborative environment that will challenge you on a daily basis to develop compelling and sophisticated user experiences, this position is for you. Join a seasoned team that has already made its mark with care delivery solutions at dozens of health systems that’s now looking to take their work to the next level. At Wellbe, we believe that a better, digitally-enabled patient experience is key to making healthcare better. Our mission is to unleash the full value of technology to empower patients as partners with their providers to make healthcare more accessible, effective, and affordable.
Wellbe is headquartered in Madison, WI. This role is exempt, full-time and the hired candidate has the flexibility to work remotely.
How you will add value:
- Produce and maintain high-quality user interface code for all Wellbe software products
- Coordinate with designers to ensure that new application feature concepts and designs are aligned with implementation best practices
- Collaborate with back-end developers to ensure that design mockups are manifested in code that accurately reflects design intentions, performs reliably in all supported environments, and are consistent, robust, and extensible
- Advise product management in decisions regarding the choice of web vs mobile or hybrid delivery of new product capabilities
- Coordinate with QA to ensure the ongoing quality of the application UI
- Track down and resolve tough-to-solve UI render bugs, browser/device compatibility issues and usability deficiencies
- Recommend components, tools, techniques and processes to continuously improve front-end development efforts
Knowledge and skills you need to be successful:
- Experience working with sophisticated consumer web application and mobile front-ends
- Experience implementing front-end code in the context of a modern web application framework, preferably a recent version of Ruby on Rails
- Advanced experience implementing, testing and maintaining mobile-first, responsive web applications that support desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Experience with and expert understanding of current web standards, e.g. HTML 5, CSS 3, as well as familiarity with reliable solutions for browser-specific compliance issues
- Experience with native mobile development and pipeline tools, including web to mobile languages like React or Vue Native
- Experience with front-end CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation, Semantic UI, etc.
- Experience using Coffeescript and SASS preprocessing languages
- Experience using agile development methodologies and tools, e.g. Github, Jira, Travis CI or similar
- Experience creating hybrid or native mobile apps is a plus
- BA/BS degree
- Significant experience, (preferably 5 years, minimum 3), as a front-end developer working as a member of an agile product development team
- A demonstrated eye for detail and a focus on quality results with a strong appreciation for the nuances that define an outstanding web user experience
Wellbe offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package that includes all the things you’d expect (health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance and healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, paid holidays).
- Self-directed (use it as you need it) PTO and generous family leave for maternity, paternity, and adoption
- Flexible schedule and working location
- Growth grants for each teammate to boost skills and learning
- Pet insurance
If you’d like to explore what working on our team is about, send us your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Check out our website for additional information.
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired. Wellbe participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information once you’ve been hired and complete the Form I-9.